Wondering how often you need to see the dentist in Livermore? The answer is simple: twice per year! Every six months, you should come in and see Dr. Kimberly King at Kitty Hawk Dental Care for a teeth cleaning and oral exam.
Why? Because by seeing our team regularly and maintaining good oral hygiene habits at home, you can keep your smile bright and healthy. Learn more below about why six month visits are so important, or contact us now to schedule an appointment right away.
Why Should I See The Dentist Every Six Months? Understanding The Benefits
Not convinced that six-month dental visits are really that important? Here are just a few of the benefits of coming to Kitty Hawk Dental Care to see Dr. Kimberly King.
- Six-month visits are covered by insurance – Almost all dental insurance companies provide full coverage for six-month dental visits, so you can get preventive care without paying out of pocket.
- Catch oral health problems early – Regular oral exams and teeth cleanings allow Dr. King to catch gum disease, cavities, and other oral health issues before they become serious, ensuring you get the best possible care.
- Save time & money – By avoiding gum disease and cavities, you can save time and money since you won’t need periodontal care, or treatment for a cavity like a filling or a dental crown.
- Get peace of mind – After your visit to Kitty Hawk Dental Care, you’ll get a clean bill of health from Dr. Clark. And, if Dr. Clark does notice any oral health problems, you can schedule a follow-up and get help right away. Either way, you’ll have peace of mind after your six-month visit.
How Can I Protect My Smile Between Appointments?
Six-month dental visits are important, but at-home oral care is just as critical for a healthy mouth. Here are a few things you should do to keep your smile healthy between appointments at Kitty Hawk Dental Care.
- Brush twice a day – Brush once in the morning and once in the evening using fluoride toothpaste, and make sure to brush for at least two minutes, cleaning each surface of your teeth thoroughly.
- Floss once a day – Flossing is critical because it removes food particles and debris that can’t be eliminated with brushing alone. Floss at least once per day.
- Use antibacterial mouthwash – Rinsing with mouthwash after flossing is a good way to kill bacteria, freshen your breath, and remove debris loosened during the flossing process.
- Maintain a healthy diet – Minimize your sugar consumption, particularly sugary drinks like coffee, soda, and cocktails, and eat a diet low in sugary and starchy processed foods.
- Stop using tobacco products – Smoking and the use of smokeless tobacco can increase your risk of gum disease, lead to tooth stains, and contribute to tooth decay. Consider quitting to help improve your oral health.
Contact Kitty Hawk Dental Care For Your Next Six-Month Consultation!
If you’re overdue for a teeth cleaning and oral exam in Livermore and are ready to take control of your oral health, Dr. Kimberly King and the team at Kitty Hawk Dental Care are here to help. Contact us online or give us a call at (925) 371-8880 to get started right away.
Share this Article